Twenty-Five Good Reasons to Join ORTA and the Delaware County Retired Teachers Association
Here are 25 good reasons why you should join DELAWARE COUNTY RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION (DCRTA) and the OHIO RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION (ORTA)
*1. There is no other organization that works exclusively for Ohio's Retired Teachers
ORTA's Number One Priority is protecting and improving teacher retirement benefits.
2. Promotes quality health care coverage through leadership role in the Health Care Advocates (HCA
3. Represents Ohio's retired teachers at STRS committee and board meetings
4. Represents Ohio's retired teachers in Washington D.C.
5. Supports repeal of the Government Pension Offset (GPO) and Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP)
6. Opposes mandatory social security coverage for Ohio's teachers
7. Participates in the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA)
8. Promotes cost of living increases
9. Represents retired teachers at Ohio's General Assembly
10. Testifies at state committee meetings
11. Lobbied for Senate Substitute Bill 190 which recalculated final average salaries
12. Supported Sub SB 133 that added an additional retired teacher to the STRS Board
13. Monitors and tracks all legislation affecting retired teachers
14. Travel Packages, Medical Air Transportation Services, and Hotel/Rental Car Discounts
15. Low long distant phone, internet, and computer training rates
16. Long term care plans for members and families
17. Discounted hearing instruments and vision services
18. Affordable Auto, Home, Life, Dental , Health Care Insurance plans
19. Tax Deferred Annuity Fund
20. Maintains a staffed state office to coordinate statewide activities
21. Provides leadership training at district, area and state levels
22. 60+ years of experience serving Ohio's retired educators (since 1947)
23. Website: http://orta.org - DAILY UPDATED INFORMATION
24. Publishes the ORTA Quarterly and Newsletters
25. 90 Chapters- at least one in every county- local meetings with a personal touch
Numbers 14 through 19 are part of the member benefits package.
A small investment strengthens our Associations and also strengthens our voices with STRS and the legislature.
Associate Memberships also are available: Any person interested in education and retirees may become an associate member of ORTA.
Visit the ORTA website HERE